Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Off to the Hospital

I just sent Chauntel and Jackson off to the hospital this morning. I'm not able to go due to a virus that I have come down with the last few days. I haven't been able to even get out of bed since Sat. night. The doctor told me yesterday to stay away from the baby and pretty much told me to not even go to the hospital to see him. I can't believe the timing of all of this. Chauntel has pretty much been a single mom for the last few days, and will stay with Jackson until he comes home. I wish so much that I could be there for him also. When he had his last surgery, we were both there - for Jackson and for each other. I was telling Chauntel again today how I felt like I was almost letting Jackson down but then said that I guess it's a blessing that I can be here for Makayla and Isaac during this also. After I said that, it really hit me how true that was. I'm feeling a lot better today, but it's relative to how I was the last few days.

As I was in bed yesterday really hating life at the moment, Isaac brought me a cup of milk that he got all by himself for me. I was asleep when he brought it, but when I woke up, he asked if the milk made me feel better. I told him that it did, so he smiles really big and runs out of the room. He comes back a minute later with his stuffed rhino that he sleeps with every night for me to lay down with. It broke my heart how much he was wanting to help me. He then came back with a stuffed frog and his favorite books, followed by his pirate ship filled with toys to play with and then a plate of his favorite rice that he got out of the fridge - he even put it on my favorite KY Wildcat plate. I told him again and again how much he was helping me feel better. Chauntel was gone all day yesterday with Jackson's pre-op appointments and so while I was in bed, Kayla and Isaac pretty much did as they pleased all day. I was so impressed with how good they were all day. They checked on me every 20 minutes or so, would get me water when I needed, and Makayla even came in to tell me that they had turned off the TV to do other things.

I think that from now on, the updates will be on Jackson's other blog that we thought he was finished with already. The link to his blog from his previous surgery is on this blog. www.jacksonsmellon.blogspot.com He goes into surgery at 7:30 this morning. Chauntel and him left at 5:15 to get there for his pre-surgery stuff. We thank everyone for their concern and support and will keep ya'll posted on his stay at the hospital.



Ro's Lumpy Breast said...

Thank you for updating us. I am sorry you have to use your other blog again maybe it will only be for a very short time. I hope you and the kids feel better soon. It is so hard to be sick and especially at this time. I too am glad you get to be with MacKayla and Issac. Sometimes it is hard to find the postive but that is one good one. We love you guys!

Melissa said...

I know it must hurt your heart to not be there Jackson and Chauntel. It is a good thing you got sick before instead of during or after, when you will be needed the most, still stinks though. I hope you do feel better and please know that your family are in our thoughts and prayers. We love you so much. Please update the blog with his progress as soon as you can.

Love ya.

Aunt Lissa

natallie said...

isn't it amazing how your kids come thru when you need them to. my kids playing nicely all day would be considered a miracle at our house.(and that's with mom nearby!) don't feel guilty jeremy, just take care of yourself and enjoy isaac and makayla's company. chauntel know's your there for her and jackson. take care logsdon's.